For Jensen, what is your favourite Sam iteration and for Jared, what is your favourite Dean iteration? (♣)
#evil ships it too obviously
I mentioned this earlier on twitter, and a bit here as well, but Jared spent literally the second half of the M&G giving the full explanation behind his American Airlines rant. Briefly, the highlights include:
- The whole thing actually triggered feelings from when he was younger (“before I got to be tall”) when he was bullied. He couldn’t stand just being at the whim of the airline, feeling helpless.
- He didn’t want to vent in front of his family, but he knew that we his fans would understand.
- Long story short, if everything had gone smoothly, the flight he was on would have taken him + the whole family to the next airport with a several hour layover to then catch the flight to Vancouver. Instead they were stuck out on a tarmac for hours (they’d turn the air conditioning on and off, trying to conserve fuel, meanwhile it was over 100 degrees outside, and would reach that temperature in the plane as well). They blamed weather in the destination city for the reason why the flight wouldn’t leave, but meanwhile another later flight (which he could have caught, if they would have let him off the plane) took off and landed in that same city with no problems. After hours and hours of him arguing with him, they finally let him off the plane onto the tarmac (something they had previously claimed was impossible) and he went back into the airport and took a different flight - which he paid for himself.
- Jared said that while he was able to eat the cost of the one flight and buy himself another without compensation, there were lots of other people on that plane (teachers, social workers, retirees) who didn’t have that luxury, and that’s why he was so frustrated and also why he spoke out.
- Also, he can theoretically be sued by the network for over $10,000 per hour he holds up production. The airline wanted to reschedule him on a flight for the following morning. He would have had almost a full day travelling. They had a 6AM call time for the next morning. Do the math.
Other highlights include Jared talking about his approach to playing Gadreel, which he said he prepared for by imagining he was auditioning for a totally new role on a different tv show that had nothing to do with Supernatural. He did this to create an entirely new character that had nothing to do with Sam. He talked about the scene in “Dog Dean Afternoon” where he flashes so quickly between Sam and Gadreel and back to Sam again, and mentioned that he would not have been able to do that early on in his career. Now he’s at a point where he knows how to give the camera what it needs to make changes like that evident in such a short period of time. He compared working on Supernatural all these years to film school. He also praised Tahmoh’s portrayal of Gadreel, particularly in the final episode, saying that sort of scene is very hard to play, with the conflicting emotions. He contrasted it with how easy he finds scenes with Sam and Dean chatting in the car, or in a hotel room saying things like “you’ll always be my brother”, because those draw from real emotions that he can relate to.
I asked him about the rumors we’ve heard that Sam goes a bit dark, and that we’ll be seeing “Mystery Spot Sam” (which I told him is my favorite episode), and asked him whether or not we’d finally see Sam have the chance to save Dean. He said that we do see “shades of Mystery Spot” in Sam, with him being very focused and thinking a lot about how to find Dean. He reminded us that Sam “didn’t see the season finale” and as far as he knew, Dean was dead, and then he was gone. He said that Sam doesn’t have someone like Amelia to go to, so his sole focus is on finding his brother.
He also chatted a bit about the winery. Part of his answer here is something he specifically said shouldn’t leave the room, but him and Jensen are still very excited and definitely working on their plans. They have been dealing with some unexpected legal issues - he said he was “now able to talk about it” (again, I don’t feel comfortable sharing details). The issues were surrounding the name/trademark, and now that they got the unexpected issues resolved (issues that there were rumors about in fandom, I will say), they are working on international trademarks because they do want to sell the wine internationally, but that’s not an easy thing. Jared said that even if it takes awhile “wine takes awhile to make”. When asked, he said that the wine would be the type that he likes to drink, including a chardonnay, a sparkling wine, and “a big bold red”.
(´∀｀)♡ ♥ ♥
Who would go to sleep if instead they could draw a very hot hunter in very wet underwear? The answer is: Not me.
What Thyme Is It?
Apparently, this is what and how I draw when I’m high - sun-kissed wee!chesters (Dean at 16, Sam at 12).
PS: Good bye, summer 2014.
New scans - HARPER’S BAZAAR MAGAZINE [x]
Standford!Sam :) for saviorsammy who had a rough first day—
who would have thought that jensen retweeting jared’s tweet would make me so emotional but here we are